History of Irena
The factory, called nowadays IRENA HOLDING GROUP SP. z o. o. , was built in 1924 in Inowrocław. The development of domestic and gallery glass production has started in 1927 and still continuous. at that date, Henryk Podkomorski became a new owner and created the name Irena. He was the owner until 1939. during that time, the factory grew in strength and had 3000 products in its offer, such as dishes’ and haberdashery glass made of white or colourful material, cut and liquor bottles, jars, lightening glass (gas and kerosene), perfume, cosmetic, pharmacy glass and technical accumulator glass.
Production of jars for domestic purposes: original “Weck” jars, licensed by Irena and jars for domestic purposes “Irena” and “patent Irena” used to be the specialty of the company.
During years of the development of Irena, the company gradually changed its profile of production from package and lightening glass to glass for domestic purposes and crystals.
Today Irena Company is focusing on bringing top quality products in modern and classical designs that are not only beautiful and well-made, but suitably priced for everyone’s lifestyle.